Friday, August 21, 2020

Dear Deb

Dear Deb,

Thank you for inviting and challenging and nudging and reminding and re-nudging me about posting something on this here shared blog space. I needed that. I'll always need that. I need the external encouragement as well as the internal whateveryoucallit to move forward. I'm working on a few pieces and am just suffering the teeniest bit from what I call an editing loop, pulling out bits that don't quite fit, moving around deck chairs, and so on. My lack of focus is compounded by the fact that what I'm working on is nonfiction and it's inextricably linked to me trying to figure out "What the f#@& ..." I want while too often succumbing to the temptation of watching movies on Amazon rather than writing.

Also, I have been baking bread and listening to music and researching some possible directions for the above prompt, so there is progress.

Sincerely,

Your pretend-writer friend N

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear REAL-writer Nancy,
    I often suffer from "who the hell cares what I think anyway?" which strangles my thoughts and paralyzes my typing-fingers. But my friend RWN, got me writing a few years ago, and through the fits and starts, I have kept at it. I thank RWN for that! We have had a BIG gap in our shared blog site (or any blog site, for that matter), but we have now verified that our keyboards still work so we just need to do this thing. That is, if we want to do this thing. If not, that is ok too, and you are still a real writer and even more importantly, a real friend.

    ReplyDelete