Sunday, November 20, 2011

Eye funny

The sun was bright on this chilly morning and as I hurriedly left the house for the grocery store to pick up snacks for fellowship time after the church service (my turn today), I shoved my sunglasses on my face. Pulling the car out of the garage, I blinked against the brightness and the odd bright/dark dissonance I was experiencing. I thought it might be the onset of a migraine but I just kept blinking and shaking my head, willing the dreaded headache to stay away.

A bit later, as I was putting together a bowl of grapes, trays of cheese and crackers, and other goodies, I noticed my sunglasses on the counter in the church kitchen - with one lens missing. No wonder people were kinda looking at me funny at the grocery store.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today must be the day for eyeglass issues. Mine were caused by my sweet little puppy dog who decided to eat my normal bifocals this morning. She completely destroyed one bow and one lens. Like you, I had to run to the grocery store and continuously switch between my distance glasses so I could generally see what aisle I was in and my reading glasses so I could read prices, ingredients etc. I wouldn't know if anyone was looking at me funny. That would have required seeing them!

    ReplyDelete