Friday, November 25, 2011

Long AGO and today's AGO

Day 2 Toronto

Long AGO, we were camping on the rim of Bryce Canyon in Utah.  On one very cold August morning, I crawled out of our tent to hear a distinctly German voice say "Deborah?"  Looking towards the voice, I was stunned to see my good friend Stephie who worked in the lab down the hall from me at ORNL. Completely by coincidence, we found ourselves camped in the same park, on the same night, a couple of thousand miles from home.

Today, after exploring the wonderful Chagall exhibit at the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO), we visited the modern art gallery upstairs.  Al had wandered to the next hall ahead of me, but quickly came back saying "Deb, come see if this is Marilyn.  She shouldn't be here, but it sure looks like her." I actually thought he was talking about a painting- maybe an early Warhol or something, but when I went into the room, I was surprised to see first her husband, and then my good friend Marilyn who works at SVSU! Completely by coincidence, we found ourselves in the same gallery, at the same exhibit, in the same museum, at the same time, in the same city, five hours from home.

How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment